BritBanglaCovid's final campaign Meeting - Vaccinate All!
EventBrite registration to this meeting is a must and click: here
As part of a wider campaign to eradicate Covid-19 virus in Britain, we need to find a way to vaccinate undocumented migrants. The next BritBanglaCovid public meeting is on 28 March at 3pm. This event is about understanding the actual workings of the NHS as a pillar of the state and how different aspects of this pillar work so we can understand why undocumented migrants do not need to fear to register with their local GP.
From the perspective of BritBanglaCovid, there are a number of reasons for individuals without papers not registering with their local GP to get Covid-19 vaccines: including the fear of deportation, the fear of taking it, the health complications after taking it and the financial cost.
To encourage such a community BritBanglaCovid has invited:
- Abdi Hassan Founder of Coffee Afrique
- Rachel Blake - Deputy Mayor of Tower Hamlets - Cabinet Member for Adults and Health
- Sunitha Dwarakanath - Project Coordinator of Regularise (migrant group)
- Shaykh Mohammed Mahmoud, Senior Imam, East London Mosque
- Natasha Howard - Manager of Community & Mental Health - NHS
- Nurur Chowdhury, Senior Medical Scientist, Critical Care Unit - Barts NHS
- Naseem Talukdar - Founder of Feed the Homeless
We also need to find a way to reach out to the community to encourage them to register.